Honeymoon is one of the most awaited time for couples, especially in India. It usually happens once in a lifetime, so it ought to be special for the couple. Like SRK said in a movie, “We live once, we die once, we marry once (Not always though), and we fall in love also once (again debatable).” Likewise, honeymoon also is a one-time event, no shadow of doubt behind its veracity. If you’re planning to choose a cosy destination in Asia for your honeymoon, then this blog post will prove to be vital for you in selecting the right place.
Asia has lots to offer to the newlyweds. We have picked some of the amazing cities, mentioned their sweet hotspots, how to reach there, where to stay, where to eat, what to do and explained their significance with some interesting trivia to give a perfect bird’s eye view of that city. Read this post and then decide on the place from where you will begin your journey with your beloved partner.
8 Best Honeymoon Destinations in Asia
- Maldives- Pearl Necklace of the Indian Ocean
- Thailand – Land of Smiles
- Andaman & Nicobar Island- Colonial Gem
- Bali- An Island of Love
- Dubai- City of Gold
- Vietnam- Land of Blue Dragon
- Goa- Pearl of the Orient
- Singapore- The Lion City
Let’s get to know these places in more detail,
Maldives is blessed with 1200 islands and 26 atolls situated on the Indian Ocean in the Southern Asia region. It is the smallest country in Asia, but you wouldn’t feel that while exploring the place with your partner. This island country is the first choice for many couples for their honeymoon destination. With its gold sand beaches, pristine blue waters, scuba diving, romantic air, eye-pleasing resorts, floating bungalows and what not, Maldives for all these reasons tops the list of the most favoured honeymoon destinations in Asia. A honeymoon on this location makes everything even more exotic.
Did you know: Can you imagine an official Government meeting happening underwater? Yes, you read that right, World’s First Underwater Cabinet Meeting was held in Maldives in 2009
- Things to do: Swimming in pristine water, Scuba diving, Snorkelling, Romantic walks under the moon on a beach, underwater tour with Whale Submarine, Try seafood and Maldivian Cuisine
- Places to see: Addu City, Maafushi, National Museum, Tsunami Monument, Male Local Market, Sun Island, Banana Reef, Artificial Beach.
- Best Time to visit: The best time to visit here is between November and April with peak season being in December-March period
- Where to stay: Meeru Island Resort, Amari Havodda, Bandos Maldives, Sheraton Maldives, Kandima Maldives, Arena Beach Resort, Embudu Village
- How to reach: The nearest airport is in Hulhule Island which is 4 km away from Male. If you are coming from India, then there are direct flights from many cities.
- Ideal Duration & Cost: 5 Nights and 6 days. The package would cost you somewhere around 1.7 lacs (approximately)
Tip: Being an Islamic country, Alcohol is served only in resorts and hotels. You can’t carry your beer outside the resort.
Thailand is an island country and one of the most favoured destination for a holiday by many travellers especially couples. It has some of the best places for every mood, for every personality from any corner of the world. How can you leave Thailand without playing in the water with your spouse on Krabi or Phi Phi Island? These places offer some of the most breathtaking scenery. A romantic candle light dinner under the moonlight towards the end of a fantastic day is cherry on the cake.
Did you know: Bollywood fans must have heard the song Sau Aasmaan from the movie Baar Baar Dekho. The shooting location of this song was Krabi.
- Things to do in Thailand: Visit the Grand Palace, Ferry Boat Ride, Enjoy the water sports, Mountain Biking, Hiking, and Rock Climbing.
- Places to see: Chiang Mai Foreign Cemetery, Phuket, Krabi Islands, Phi Phi Islands, Viking Cave, White sand beach, Patong Boxing Stadium, Big Buddha Phuket, John Suwan View Point, Hat Yi Municipal Park, Klong Plu Waterfall
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit here is during the winter season between November and early April with peak season being in December-March period
- Where to stay: Four Seasons Resort, Iniala Beach House, Mandarin Oriental, Trisara, The Siam, The Tongsai Bay, Sri Panwa Phuket, Anantara Bophut
- How to reach: There are many airports in Thailand, Phuket International Airport and Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok are the busiest.
- Ideal Duration & Cost: You need a week at least to explore the beauty of Thailand properly. A 6 Nights 7 Days package will work fine. It would cost you around one and a half lac for the entire trip.
3. Andaman & Nicobar Island
One of the fastest growing destination in terms of attracting tourism, Andaman is one of the trendiest destinations in India for honeymoon couples. The best part about Andaman is you will get to discover some virgin beaches as you explore the secluded place. A deep sea diving among rare coral reefs, beautiful fishes, sunken ships, and harmless sharks is a lifetime experience on Havelock Island.
A visit down the past by walking in and around the infamous Cellular Jail and the local markets is a great experience. The best part about this colonial wonder is the serene beaches which are very clean unlike in other parts of India and the tranquillity you will observe there due to low population and few tourists is an internal tussle where your heart is telling your mind not to go back to your home.
Did you know: Kala Paani was a penal colony during British Rule used to happen here in Cellular Jail owing to the remoteness of the place. Andaman & Nicobar Island is home to India’s first and only joint tri-service defence command
- Things to do in Andaman: Scuba Diving, Beach Exploration, Sightseeing, Visit Museums, Try the seafood and local cuisine.
- Places to see: Havelock Island, Cellular Jail, Port Blair, Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, Makruzz, Ross Island, Museum Circuit, Chidiya Tapu, Radhanagar Beach, Diglipur.
- Best Time to visit: The temperature is moderate throughout the year but the peak season is in October to May when it experiences most tourists
- Where to stay: Seashell Port Blair, Hotel Emerald View, Wild Orchid, Blue Bird Resort, Andaman Castle, Silver Sand Beach Resort
- How to reach: The airport is in Port Blair which has good connectivity with many parts of the world. If you are coming from Kolkata, Chennai and Vizag, you can sail through a ship, but their frequency is limited.
- Ideal Duration & Cost: 5 Nights 6 Days is a perfect duration to experience this colonial wonder. The package would cost you somewhere around ₹90,000 at max.
Also See: 10 best things to do in Andaman
This Indonesian island is the best place to visit in Indonesia for a honeymoon couple or anyone yearning for a break. Bali is so famous and one of the most favoured tourist destinations in Asia. If you want testimony to that, then here it is, “Tourism contributes so much in Indonesia, particularly Bali that 80% to their economy is due to tourism.” One of the best things about Bali or rather the country Indonesia is, their currency is weak, and couples can spend freely in shopping or other such experiences.
Just to give you a sense on that, ₹1204.76 Indonesian Rupiah at the time of writing this post. If you have ₹5000 in your pocket, it is tantamount to 10 lacs Indonesian Rupiah. Bali has a cultural centre, Ubud, which has the authentic Indonesian culture which can be seen and observed in its traditional dance and some very fantastic craft centres. All this makes Bali the most scintillating honeymoon destinations in Asia.
Did you know: Bali follows Pawukon Calendar which has 210 days in a year, 6 months in a year and 35 days in a month.
- Things to do in Bali: Trekking Trips of volcanoes, Scuba Diving, Beach Walking, Shopping at Seminyak, Beach Volleyball, Knowing Indonesian Culture in Ubud.
- Places to see in: Uluwatu Temple, Seminyak, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, Pura Tanah Lot, Mount Batur, Jatiluwih Rice Terraces, Water Bom Bali, Kuta Beach, Nusa Islands, The Sidemen Valley.
- Best Time to visit: April to October is the perfect time to visit Bali. The busiest season is July-August when the tourist numbers are on the peak
- Where to stay: Hotel Neo Denpasar, Anika Lovina Villas, Kiki Residency, Sylvia Bali Suite, Eden Hotel Kuta, Amaris Hotel Legion, Hardys Rofa.
- How to reach: Denpasar International Airport is closest to Bali, just 13 km away. This airport is connected to most of the major hubs around the world. You can also take a flight till Singapore and then sail on a ship to Bali.
- Ideal Duration & Cost: 5 Nights and 6 Days package is ideal for Bali. The package might cost you around 1.6-2 lacs depending on the package inclusions
Also See: 20 Best honeymoon destination in Asia
The larger than life city is a place that should be in your bucket list, no matter what. And if you’re visiting Dubai for your honeymoon, then this combination of occasion and venue cannot get any better. Dubai is so immense that a mere paragraph can’t do justice to its description; I will try though. If you are a wanderer, if you are a couple on honeymoon, if you are on a break, if you want to spend some quality time with your family, if you are going with your friends or colleagues, then let me tell you Dubai is that one-stop solution to all your apprehensions in choosing the right destination.
Dubai is exquisite and eclectic in that sense that it has to offer something new something superb for every relation or mood. Every day in Dubai is even more beautiful and full of new experiences than what you accumulated a day ago. All such adventures with shopping the best brands make Dubai the most happening and vivacious honeymoon destinations in Asia.
Did you know: There are ATMs in Dubai that dispenses gold bars, 40% of all the gold traded in the world in 2013 was in Dubai. Also, there is no income tax in Dubai.
- Things to do: Camel Ride, Desert Safari, Lots and lots of Shopping, Sandboarding, Dinner at Jameela Floating Restaurant on a cruise, Skiing, Water Rides, Visit Underwater Zoo.
- Places to see: Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah Island, The Dubai Mall, Desert Safari, Dubai Fountain, The Global Village, Aquaventure Water Park, Dubai Aquarium.
- Best time to visit– Dubai will welcome you at any time of the year. But, the ideal time to visit Dubai is between November and April. If you are visiting in January or February, then you are fortunate to enjoy the Dubai Shopping Festival.
- Where to stay in Dubai:Grand Central Hotel, Citymax Hotel, Majestic City Retreat, Delmon Palace, Country Club Hotel, Carlton Downtown Hotel.
- How to reach: Dubai International Airport is the only and one of the busiest airports in the country. The best part is that Dubai is connected to more than 100 destinations around the globe. Wherever you are, you can get a direct/connecting flight to Dubai.
- Ideal Duration & Cost: 6 Nights and 7 Days package is ideal for you to explore entire Dubai. The package would revolve around 1.8-2.5 lacs depending on the duration of stay and other inclusions
A Southeast Asian country known for his exotic beaches, soaring mountains, natural beauty, and culture makes it one of the most exquisite and budget honeymoon destination in Asia. Vietnam has both ends of spectrum existing simultaneously, at one end it has modern architecture and dynamic megacities, on the other end, it has preserved its hills tribe villages and age-old warfare to give a sense that they have not forgotten their past completely. You will enjoy both the extremities of this beautiful and diverse spectrum.
There are war remnants museums, national parks, Hoi An’s traditional art and crafts, famous tower of Hanoi, mouth-watering delicacies and anything which you expect out of a honeymoon to make it more romantic.
Did you know: Vietnam is the second largest coffee producer in the world after Brazil. Also, Vietnam is the largest exporter of Cashew Nuts in the world.
- Things to do:Try the Vietnamese Noodles, Kayaking, Bike Ride, Crawl in so-called ferocious tunnels of Cu Chi.
- Places to see: Ha Long Bay, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Cu Chi Tunnel, Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Cham Island, The Perfume River, Nha Trang, Sand Dunes of Mui Ne, Ba Be Lake, CO To Island, Bai Tu Long.
- Best Time to visit: Vietnam is best enjoyed in the months from September to April. The temperature is moderate with little rainfall.
- Where to stay: A La Carte, Centara Sandy Beach Resort, Pullman Danang Beach Resort, Diamond Sea, Melia Danang Resort, Novotel Phu Quoc Resort Hotel.
- How to reach:Taking a flight is the best option to reach Vietnam if you’re coming from India. There are many direct flights from most of the Indian cities to reach here. If you’re coming from China, then you can take a train. The flight connects a lot of countries directly to Vietnam.
- Ideal Duration & Cost: 5 Nights and 6 Days package is ideal if you are going on your honeymoon in Vietnam. The package would cost you somewhere around ₹90,000-1.3 lacs.
Tip: Do visit the Ho Chi Minh City Market for shopping and taking some souvenirs as a remembrance from Vietnam.
The smallest name, the smallest state with the biggest heart, that’s Goa for you. This Portuguese territory still reminds a traveller of its history. If you want a pocket-friendly honeymoon with no compromises on any experience, then Goa is the ideal honeymoon destination for you. Couples who want to chill, drink and party, Goa has it all apart from its beaches. If you don’t want to miss out on anything be it water sports, local shopping markets, umpteen beaches, pristine water, bullet ride with your partner, serene sunsets, beautiful sunrise at Chapora Fort, sunbath, cheap beer, seafood, pubs and almost everything possible under the sun to make a couple feel those vibes then book your tickets for Goa.
If you want to multiply your savings, then roll out your luck in Roulet or any other game in a water casino. In short, God will give you the perfect ambience having both romance and fun as one element and party and calmness as another element. Make sure you are in Goa on a Wednesday or a Saturday, these two days hosts the Night Markets which is one of the best live music by stoned performers and shopping experiences of Goa. Nights are even more vivacious in Goa when all party animals come out.
Did you know: Goa has Asia’s first Floating Casino in Panaji (Must Go!!). Also, it is the only state with a two-wheeler taxi known as Flyers that drops you to your location on his bike.
- Things to do: Water sports of many types, Bike/Activa Ride, Beach Volleyball, Try the seafood and Goan cuisine, Casino, Evening Beach Walk, Candle Light Dinner on a beach under the moonlight, Shopping, Sightseeing.
- Places to see: Baga Baech, Calangute Beach, Chapora (Dil Chahta Hai) Fort, Tito’s Lane, Club Cubana, Saturday Night Market, Aguada Fort, Arambol Beach, Casino Cruise, Shiva Valley, Mapusa Market, Candolim Beach, Anjuna Beach.
- Best Time to visit: October-May is the season in Goa with December-February being the peak season when it is most crowded. From May to September, it is very hot.
- Where to stay: Menino Regency, Ocean View Goan Beach House, Rivasa Resort, Royale Assagao, Alor Grande Resort, Santana Beach Resort, ITC Grand Goa, The Lalit, Holiday Inn.
- How to reach: Dabolim International Airport is the only airport in Goa which is connected to almost all the big cities. Connectivity through train is good as well and the stations Madgaon and Vasco-da-Gama are connected to many stations in India. However, the train takes 30-35 hours to reach Goa from Delhi. Travelling by bus is also an option if you visiting from a nearby state.
- Ideal Duration & Cost: 6 Nights and 7 Days package is of ideal duration for you to explore both North and South Goa. The package would be around ₹40,000-60,000.
Tip: Be prepared for some tanning while you stay in Goa. Make sure to carry SPF 30 and anti-tanning creams. Also, make all the necessary bookings in advance if you’re visiting in the peak season.
Also See: Places to visit in Goa in 4 days
A precious gem of the Asian continent, Singapore boasts splendid natural beauty and modern architectural wonders. If you’re an Indian who is missing home, Singapore has something called Little India, which is an ethnic district in Singapore which has traditional Indian restaurants, malls, and jewellery shops. If you or your partner is a nature lover, then do include the Singapore Botanical Gardens in your itinerary.
Do you need some solitude and want to spend some peaceful time away from the bustling crowd and city, then Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve is your perfect escape away from all the cacophony. All these attractions and many more like them makes Singapore a complete honeymoon destination in Asia.
Did you know: Singapore holds the Guinness Book World Record for the Longest Human Domino Chain of 4.2 km with 9234 students.
- Things to do: Cable Car Experience, Singapore Grand Prix (In September), and Romantic Night at Marina Bay. Feel the Indian vibes and eat the Indian food in Little India in Singapore. Singapore Night Safari is another such attraction not to be missed.
- Places to see: Singapore Botanical Gardens, Marina Bay, Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve, Sentosa, Gardens by the Bay, Singapore Zoo, Cloud Forest, National Orchid Gardens, Singapore Flyer, Fort Siloso, Little India.
- Best Time to visit: There is no such specific time or season. Singapore welcomes you all around the year. However, if you’re visiting in September, you can be a part of Singapore Grand Prix.
- Where to stay: ABC Premium Hostel, Checkers Backpackers, The Seacare Hotel, M Social Singapore, Changi Cove, Copthorne Kings Hotel, Footprints Hostel.
- How to reach: Changi Airport of Singapore is connected to most of the international cities and also has a good frequency of flights from India. It has also been voted as the World’s Best Airport. If you’re coming by Malaysia, Johor Bahru or other nearby places then you can catch a train as well.
- Ideal Duration & Cost: 4 Nights and 5 Days package is of ideal duration to explore this beautiful place. The Singapore honeymoon package would be around 2-2.5 lacs which will include everything from flight booking to local sightseeing.
This blog post about the Honeymoon Destinations in Asia will prove to be fruitful for you whether you are planning a budget honeymoon or a lavish honeymoon in exotic destinations. Asia is full of such exquisite locations, but we picked the best of the lot considering that the place should have romantic vibes and where love is in the air, after all, it’s a honeymoon destination that ought to be unique. I hope you get some insights about these places and now you are in a better position to take a call about which is your place amongst these. So, what are you waiting for? Book your tickets, do the hotel bookings, pack your bags and leave for your ideal honeymoon with your partner.
Safe Travels and we from lastminute.com wish you a happy married life!!