No matter wherever we are, we are all Indians. And the best part about India is its lip-smacking food and about Indians is their attachment and a sense of emotion with the Indian food. The first thing Indians search on foreign soil is Indian food, such as the sacrosanct bond between the two. But, that doesn’t mean that Indians do not try different cuisine, they do latch on to Continental, Italian dishes. But, eventually, their satisfaction is met by Indian food only. In this edition, we have the most amazing Indian restaurants in Dubai for you to satiate your stomach with the Indian rice and curry. Albeit, there are many Indian restaurants in Dubai but we have done the near-impossible task to handpick the best from that lot based on several parameters. These are Zomato ratings, prices, menu offerings, ambience, popularity etc. to name a few.
Best Indian Restaurants in Dubai
- Maharaja Bhog
- Indego by Vineet
- Rangoli Restaurant
- India Palace
- Armani Amal- Armani Hotel Dubai
- Antique Bazaar- Four Points by Sheraton Bur
- Calicut Notebook Restaurant
Fun Fact: The prices here in the menu are in AED (Dirham) which is UAE’s currency and the current exchange rate is 1 Dirham = 18.94 INR
1. Maharaja Bhog
True to its name, this restaurant gives you a king like feeling with the royal vibe around. A perfect blend of royal feast coupled and served with extreme modesty and love. This is what makes this place unique and number 1 in our list of the best Indian restaurants in Dubai. The Maharaja’s way of eating here follows Thali style of eating with lots of mouth-watering Indian delicacies that will leave you in a bewildering state as to from where to start. Flavours or rather Zaika of Gujarat and Rajasthan dominate the food served here. And yeah, Maharaja Bhog is a purely a vegetarian restaurant and the best in the business. Maharaja Bhog is known for its authentic Rajasthani Thali served with great hospitality makes it a must go Indian restaurant in Dubai.
Suggested Read: 15 Best International Trips Under 50000 Rupees
- Zomato rating: 4.8/5
- Address: Ground Level, A-Block, Hamsah Mall، Next to Ansar Gallery, Al Karama – Dubai – UAE
- Cuisines: Indian, Rajasthani, Gujarati, Hyderabad
- Special dish: Rajasthani Thali, Gujarati Thali, Malai Pista Kulfi (Must Try), Kadhi, Gujarati Dal, Darbari Pulao, Coriander Puri
- Timing: 12 Noon – 3:30 pm, 7 pm – 11:30 pm (Monday to Sunday except Friday). On Friday 8 am – 11 am, 12:30 pm – 4 pm, 7 pm – 11:30 pm
- Bill for two: AED 90 (₹1700) approx.
Tip: Check out for the amazing monthly deals of meal packs on Zomato before your visit here
2. Indego by Vineet
This is the brainchild of a famous chef Vineet Bhatia who is a Michelin star chef. This dine-out spot promises you one thing- scenic dinner views while having Indian food in Dubai. Just imagine how amazing it would be to eat here. Besides, the head chef here is Vineet Bhatia himself, so no second thoughts on the taste of food. It ought to be delicious. Describing its décor, this place has a Nataraja statue, modern furniture, and effigies of Indian gods. This restaurant has long been a contender for best Indian restaurant in Dubai. Just experience the highest and finest levels of culinary refinement for a price.
- Zomato rating: 4.4/5
- Cuisines: North Indian, Seafood, Indian
- Address: Lobby Level, Tower 1, Grosvenor House, Dubai Marina, Dubai
- Special dish: Kabab Platter, Rogan Josh lamb, Butter Chicken, Biryani, Seekh Tikka, Paneer Pasanda, Smoked Lamb
- Timing: 7 pm – 11:30 pm
- Bill for two: AED 65 (₹1231) for two people approx.
Did you know: Chef Vineet won his first Michelin star for ‘Zaika’ in London in 2001, adding another in 2009 for inspirational cuisine at ‘Rasoi by Vineet’
3. Gharana- Holiday Inn
Located in the most flamboyant of the hotel Holiday Inn, Gharana is a delight to dine in. This restaurant is consistently among the Top 10 Indian restaurants in Dubai. The best part about this place that lets it stand apart from its counterparts is the live music performances. Yes, you read that right, you get to enjoy some soothing Ghazals, Folk Music, and Classical Tunes. Live music has flute players, keyboard players, and background female vocalists. The food menu is bifurcated into Gharanas, these are Jaipur Gharana, Hyderabad Gharana, Punjab Gharana, and Awadhi Gharana. The best of the food, a gastronomical delight, royal décor, live music, hospitality, and all these factors make this restaurant as one of the best Indian restaurants in Dubai.
- Zomato rating: 4.2/5
- Address: Holiday Inn Dubai, Al Barsha, Sheikh Zayed Road, Barsha 1, Dubai
- Special dish: Murgh Ghazala, Litchi Rabdi, Nihari Al Subha, Chicken Biryani, Fish,
- Timing: 6 pm – 11:30 pm (Monday-Wednesday and Saturday), 6 pm – 1 am (Thursday – Friday)
- Bill for two: AED 275 (₹ 5300) for two people approx.
Tip: Happy Hours from 11 pm till closing time on all days
4. Rangoli Restaurant
Rangoli Restaurant in Dubai is your place if you have that unquenching craving in you for typical spicy Indian food. This is one of those rare spots in Dubai or rather in Emirates where you can enjoy traditional Gujarati food or other such cuisines in the likes of Rajasthani and Andhra Thali. The staff is pretty jovial and the interiors are simple yet amazing. The ambience is lively, food is of a wide variety from diverse cultures of India, Pan India food so to say. The views from the window outside while you are eating is truly a delight. In a nutshell, a perfect Indian restaurant in Dubai to make your taste buds ask for more and more.
Suggested Read: Honeymoon destinations of our favorite celebrities
- Zomato rating: 3.9/5
- Address: Opposite ITL Building, Cosmos Lane, Meena Bazaar, Dubai, UAE
- Cuisines: South Indian, North Indian, Street Food
- Special dish: Gujarati Thali, Chaat, Fast Food, Kadhai Paneer, Snacks
- Timing: 8:30 AM – 4 PM, 5 PM – 11:30 PM from Monday- Sunday
- Bill for two: AED 85 (₹ 1600 – 1700) approx.
Did you know: This restaurant is featured in food hygiene restaurants in Dubai?
5. India Palace
An award-winning restaurant, famous for Mughlai, North Indian food. This place serves authentic Indian cuisine with traditional royal interiors, if you are fond of Biryani, then do visit here. Live music, Instrumental music, delectable dishes, the cosy ambience is what makes this restaurant a must visit place if you are in Dubai. The menu offers a great blend of tempting mouth-watering delicacies and wholesome beverages which you just afford to miss. The best part here is the affordable prices and vivacious atmosphere this place has, which attracts many tourists from around the world. India Palace offers tasty dishes in direct lineage from British food culture and that too in opulent surroundings. India Palace is thus an ideal spot for Indian food in Dubai.
Must Read: Ten Safest Countries: Women are Safe here!
- Zomato rating: 4.2/5
- Address: Near GGICO Metro Station, Sheikh Rashid Road, Al Garhoud, Dubai, UAE
- Cuisines: North Indian, Mughlai, Biryani
- Special dish: Mutton Biryani (Must Try), Kebabs, Curries, Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Dum Biryani, Gulab Jamun
- Timing: 11 am – 12 midnight from Monday- Sunday
- Bill for two: AED 180 (₹ 3400) for two people
Any South Indians out here, go and explore this restaurant in Dubai which is renowned for its South Indian food. You will feel as if you’re eating in Kerala or Karnataka, such is the taste of the food and the lively atmosphere here. Aryaas has one of its kind Dosa, which this restaurant has pioneered in making a five-foot Dosa for people who crave for more. Classic setting for a sumptuous lunch or an amazing dinner. The steel utensils here further add to the desi charm of this place making you think of your home town. To sum it up in one phrase, Aryaas is one of the best South Indian restaurants in Dubai.
Watch: Dubai Family Vacation
- Zomato rating: 4/5
- Address: Shop 2, Ground Floor, The Business Center, Opposite BurJuman Centre, Bank Street, Mankhool, Dubai, UAE
- Cuisines: South Indian, Chinese, North Indian (Vegetarian Only)
- Special dish: Upma, Vada, Filter Coffee, Idli, South Indian Platter, Masala Dosa,
- Timing: 7:30 AM – 11:30 PM from Monday- Sunday
- Bill for two: AED 75 (₹ 1400 – 1500) for two people approx.
Did you know: Aryaas invented the five foot Dosa for some of its special customers. That has not been done hitherto
7. Armani Amal
You can witness the stunning Armani designed interior architecture here which is a treat to watch in itself. Its name Armani Amal could come across has something western, but it is a misnomer. Here, they serve authentic flavours of India which will leave you in a bewildered state that are you actually in Dubai. The best part of this restaurant is the breathtaking skyline view through its glass walls. It is a sight to cherish for years to come while you have a romantic candlelight dinner. You can gaze at the iconic Burj Khalifa and colourful fountains. Just imagine how amazing it would be to dine in such a place. This is a flamboyant place to have your dinner and surely one of the best Indian restaurants in Dubai.
- Zomato rating: 4.5/5
- Address: Armani Hotel Dubai, 3rd Floor, Burj Khalifa, Downtown Dubai, Dubai
- Cuisines: North Indian, Continental, Full Bar,
- Special dish: Biryani, Goan fish curry, Chilli Cheese and Basil Naan, Dal Makhani, Gajar Halwa, Veg Platter
- Timing: 7:30 AM – 11:30 PM from Monday- Sunday
- Bill for two: AED 530 (₹ 10,000) for two people approx.
Heads-up: The prices here are somewhat on the higher side. Make sure to check the menu on Zomato
8. Antique Bazaar
With extravagant furnishings and dark wood, it makes an ideal place to dine in with your family and friends. Antique Bazaar is an award-winning restaurant that reflects the authenticity of Indian taste and flavours in its food menu and dishes. Few restaurants here make the complete blend of right delicacy in a flamboyant ambience, this is one such food destination. The variety of Thali options (Both Veg. and Non-Veg.) served here are immense. Apart from this Shorbas, Soups, Beverages, Tandoor’s delight and everything in the menu is just tempting and the aroma of which can be felt in the restaurant among luxurious interiors.
- Zomato rating: 3.9/5
- Address: Mezzanine Level, Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai, Khalid Bin Walid Street, Mankhool, Dubai, UAE
- Timing: 12:30 AM – 3 PM, 7:30 PM – 3 AM from Monday- Sunday
- Special dish: Thali, Chicken Biryani, Mutton Rogan Josh, Murgh Ghazala, Litchi Rabdi, Nihari Al Subha, Fish, Paneer Tikka Masala, Dal Tadka
- Bill for two: AED 240 (₹ 4500 – 4600) for two people approx.
9. Calicut Notebook Restaurant
Calicut or Kozhikode is located on the Malabar Coast of India and true to its name, you can eat pure Malabar coastal style of food here. So, if you are from that part of the world or have even slight proclivity towards this cuisine, then do allow your taste buds to taste the food here. The interiors are eye appealing, furniture is comfortable, the staff is friendly, and also the rates are quite affordable when compared to its counterparts. Vegans should not feel despondent as this restaurant has ample options for vegetarian food like Butter Paneer Masala, Dal Fry, they have it all. Calicut Notebook is thus just the perfect Indian restaurant in Dubai.
- Zomato rating: 3.8/5
- Address: Beside United Hypermarket, Abu Baker Al Siddique Road, Hor Al Anz, Dubai, UAE
- Cuisines: North Indian, South Indian, Kerala, Traditional Malabari Cuisine
- Special dish: Appam, Pandanas Chicken, Fish Thappu, Vattichathu, Fish Curry, Chicken Curry
- Timing: 10:30 AM – 1 AM, 7:30 PM – 3 AM from Monday- Sunday
- Bill for two: AED 115 (₹ 2100- 2300) for two people approx.
Heads-up: The location of this restaurant is not very posh, but the food here especially Keralite cuisine is tempting
A royal and lavish India outlet in Dubai which serves one of the best North Indian and Mughlai cuisine. The Gazebo has several outlets in Dubai and is an award-winning restaurant and to put it simply is an epicurean’s delight. Gazebo takes immense pride in having the chefs who are descendants of the Bawarchis (Chefs) who presided in the Mughal kitchens. Their style of cooking is similar, on live coal, on low flame trapping all the natural flavours inside it. Gazebo has everything for everyone type of food connoisseur and is surely a must explore Indian restaurant in Dubai.
- Zomato rating: 4.1/5
- Address: Ground Floor, Marble Walk, Building 5, DIFC, Dubai, UAE
- Special dish: Butter Chicken, Paneer Tikka Masala, Naan, Mutton Rogan Josh, Subzi Masala Biryani, Mushroom Biryani, Aloo Paratha
- Timing: 11 am – 11 pm from Monday- Sunday
- Bill for two: AED 155 (₹ 3000) approx. for two people
Did you know: Gazebo has been conferred with ‘Best Asian Restaurant’ twice by Masala and prestigious Khaleej Times award twice.
We know your mouth would be full of water and salivating by now for these dishes in Dubai. That’s all we have in this edition of the best Indian Restaurants in Dubai. We hope you get some idea on where to dine with your family and friends on your upcoming trip or the next time you are visiting Dubai. Now you know the best restaurants in Dubai, but this goes with a caveat that there are many more Indian restaurants in Dubai.
Do let us know in the comments section below about your dining experience in these Indian restaurants in Dubai. We would love to hear it from the horse’s mouth.