As one of the most culturally vibrant countries in the world, Singapore is very exuberant in its cheer and energy. The migration of many Indians into this tropical country has resulted in an obvious presence of the rich Indian cultural heritage. With this heritage comes the lavish spread of delectable Indian cuisine. A beautiful ethnic district in Singapore, Little India is one of the best havens for those with an intense craving for lip-smacking Indian cuisine. Even the Central Business District has many good Indian restaurants that you can choose from. With many tempting options, you are sure to be confused about which restaurant to head towards for a delicious meal. With a fabulous quantity and affordable prices, the best Indian restaurants in Singapore have something delicious to offer to you in the form of every dish on their menus.
Must Read: Top 15 Cheapest Countries In The World
List Of 12 Best Indian Restaurants In Singapore
- Ananda Bhavan Restaurant
- Muthu’s Curry
- Punjab Grill
- The Song of India
- Samy’s Curry Restaurant
- Tandoori Corner
- Gayatri Restaurant
- Khansama Tandoori Restaurant
- Aromas of India
- The Curry Culture
- Ras The Essence of India
- Kailash Parbat
Are you eager to embrace your inner foodie? Head to as many Indian restaurants in Singapore as your tummy desires!
1. Ananda Bhavan Restaurant
For the perfectly healthy and big Indian meal, head to Ananda Bhavan Restaurant. One of the top 10 Indian restaurants in Singapore, it is situated at a prime spot, in the entrance of Little India. A great place to find some fantastic Indian food in Singapore, it is also believed to be the oldest vegetarian restaurant in the country. Ananda Bhavan makes use of traditional Indian herbs and fresh vegetables with a curry that is of medium thickness or consistency.
One of the must-try dishes here is the spicy but delicious vegetable fried rice with yellow ginger and curry. The key highlight of Ananda Bhavan is the ambience that it has been consistently carrying for 80 beautiful years. The exquisite furnishings and timeless Indian décor exemplify the Indianness of this restaurant.
- Address: 58 Serangoon Road, Rochor, Singapore, 217964, Singapore
- Timings: 7:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Average Price: SGD 17; INR 857.74
- Must-try dishes: Mysore Dosa, Tomato Chutney, Parathas, and Garlic Naan
Also See: 15 Best Things To Do In Singapore
2. Muthu’s Curry
A very interesting fact about the Singaporeans is that they love to eat fish heads for dinner. A household name that is exceptionally prominent for its curried fish heads, Muthu’s Curry is one of the most inviting Indian restaurants in Singapore. One among the top 10 Indian restaurants in Singapore, this restaurant has great fame and popularity. The fresh fish served along with a thick, spicy paste of curry-flavoured with many traditional Indian herbs is delightful.
The perfect blend of spiciness and sourness makes this dish almost addictive. If you are looking for cheap Indian food in Singapore, Muthu’s Curry is the place for you! Through its open kitchen, you can marvel at the way the scrumptious dishes here are prepared from scratch. Every meal that you take will be served with a side of two complementary vegetable dishes and five papadums.
- Address: #01-01, 138 Race Course Road, Rochor, Singapore, 218591, Singapore
- Timings: 10:30 AM – 10:30 PM
- Average Price: SGD 25; INR 1261.38
- Must-try dishes: Fish Head Curry, Tandoori Fish Head, Black Squid, Mutton Vindaloo, Mysore Mutton, Tandoori Chicken, Masala Chicken, Crab Meat Varuval, and Masala Prawns
3. Punjab Grill
A spectacular, award-winning restaurant, Punjab Grill is, without doubt, one of the finest Indian restaurants in Singapore. Based on the inspiration from the cuisines of India’s North-East Frontier Province, this restaurant guarantees you some of the most authentic grill dishes from India. With an elegant ambience, crystal lights, and dark wood furnishings, Punjab Grill serves some of the most delicious Indian food in Singapore. The must-try dishes here are the vegetable curry and mutton masala. These are the most fantastic dishes that are truly refreshing in their Indian taste and appeal.
One of the best Indian buffet restaurants in Singapore, Punjab Grill is a contrast to other cheap Indian buffets in Singapore due to its price. From budget to luxury, this country has it all for your varied choices. With restaurants that serve fantastic Indian cuisine, Singapore is a paradise for foodies.
- Address: 2 Bayfront Avenue, Downtown Core, Singapore, 18972, Singapore
- Timings: 11:30 AM – 3:00 PM; 6:30 PM – 11:00 PM
- Average Price: SGD 69; INR 3481.42
- Must-try dishes: Mutton Masala, Vegetable Curry, Chicken Tikka Quesadillas, and Tandoor-cooked foie Grass Tikka with Mango Chutney
4. The Song of India
For some of the best Indian food in Singapore, The Song of India occupies a top spot on the list of Indian restaurants in Singapore. A luxurious black and white bungalow, this restaurant is the charm of a foodie’s life in Singapore. One of the most preferred Indian buffet restaurants in Singapore, The Song of India is famed for the delectable buffet lunch that is served before three o’clock in the afternoon. A fantastic choice for those looking for a memorable Indian feast, The Song of India is the place you must visit.
The two dishes that are popular here are – curry crayfish and shrimps. The restaurant utilizes seafood that is transported to its kitchen every day. The freshness is boosted when the food is served with some delicate and tropical curry sauce. Though this restaurant is quite pricey, it is a great place to dine. With the exquisiteness of The Song of India and the elegance of many cheap Indian buffets, Singapore brims with excitement and exuberance.
- Address: 33 Scotts Road, Newton, Singapore, 228226, Singapore
- Timings: 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM; 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Average Price: SGD 78; INR 3935.52
- Must-try dishes: Jhinga E Samarkhand, Lobster Moilee, Curry Crayfish, Shrimps, and Malai Kulfi
5. Samy’s Curry Restaurant
A family-run restaurant that has been diligently passed on from generation to generation, Samy’s Curry Restaurant was founded way back in the 1950s. A restaurant that began as a cure for the homesickness of Indians after they settled down in Singapore, it continues to preserve its old charm. If you are looking for cheap Indian food in Singapore, this is one of the best places to taste some amazing dishes.
Some of the key highlights include the masala chicken and tendered mutton that is served in a clay pot with banana leaf and eggplants. As one of the most famous Indian restaurants in Singapore, Sam’s Curry Restaurant is almost always crowded. Reach early to have a good place to sit and enjoy the delicious dishes.
- Address: 25 Dempsey Road, Tanglin, Singapore, 249670, Singapore
- Timings: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM; 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Average Price: SGD 20; INR 1009.11
- Must-try dishes: Fish Cutlet, Fish Head Curry, Butter Chicken, Masala Chicken, Chicken Tikka, Mysore Mutton, and Curry Mutton
Also See: 9 Best Things to do in Sentosa Island
6. Tandoori Corner
A restaurant that popularized North-Indian cuisine in Singapore, Tandoori Corner is one of the best Indian restaurants in Singapore. An authentic Indian restaurant, it has a very lovely ambience, excellent service, and budget-friendly prices. Situated in the Central Business District, this is one restaurant that you can eat in if you do not wish to travel long distances within the country.
The tandoori selection of this restaurant is sure to make you want to order for more. The chicken tikka here is a tantalizing beauty on its own. You will also be served complimentary papadums with mint chutney when you arrive at Tandoori Corner. Truly a little paradise of Indian cuisine, Singapore’s Tandoori Corner also serves the best butter naan in the region. You must not forget to try the Chicken Vindaloo and Lamb Tikka with Lamb Biriyani here.
- Address: #01-01, 5 Boon Tat Street, Singapore 069613
- Timings: 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM; 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM
- Average price: SGD 17; INR 857.74
- Must-try dishes: Chicken Tikka, Chicken Vindaloo, Butter Chicken, Lamb Tikka, Lamb Biriyani, Tandoori Fish, Aloo Gobi, Garlic Naan, and Prawn Masala
7. Gayatri Restaurant
For a great time with family as you feast on amazing Indian food served on a banana leaf, Gayatri Restaurant is a fabulous place to go to. In Singapore, Indian food prices in many restaurants are relatively low. Gayatri Restaurant has also placed affordable prices for the lip-smacking dishes made here. Located by the Race Course Road, this restaurant has a fantastic balance between vegetarian and non-vegetarian options.
With the availability of both, north and South-Indian cuisines, Gayatri Restaurant welcomes every diner with warmth. Offering a very comfortable atmosphere, this restaurant will give you the fuzzy feeling of being at home every time that homesickness threatens to drag you down. Several foodies flock the restaurant every Monday and Wednesday to savour Fish Head Curry at SGD 17. This is a very reasonable price because the quantity is so huge that it can be shared among three to four people.
- Address: 122 Race Course Road, #01-01, Singapore 218583
- Timings: 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Average Price: SGD 18; INR 908.20
- Must-try dishes: Fish Head Curry, Fish Cutlet, Butter Chicken, Chicken 65, Tandoori Chicken, and Mango Lassi
8. Khansama Tandoori Restaurant
A great crowd-pleaser, Khansama Tandoori Restaurant has been famed far and wide for its traditional and budget-friendly menu. Many locals and travellers frequent this restaurant as it is one of the most welcoming Indian restaurants in Singapore. Khansama Tandoori Restaurant has a blissful outdoor seating that allows you to marvel at the active street life of Little India with a chilled Indian beer in hand. One of the most pride-worthy aspects of this restaurant is the finesse of the dishes and the ideal balance of spices in every recipe. Their chicken tikka, mutton rogan josh, cheese naan, and butter chicken are some of the most delicious dishes. For the vegetarians, bhindi masala and gobi Manchurian are the dishes that you cannot miss out on. Apart from the outdoor seating, Khansama Tandoori Restaurant also has another floor where the ambience is more relaxed with dim lighting and beautiful furniture.
Address: 166 Serangoon Road, Singapore 218050
Timings: 11:00 AM – 11:30 PM
Price: SGD 18; INR 908.20
Must-try dishes: Mutton Rogan Josh, Chicken Tikka, Cheese Naan, Butter chicken, Bhindi Masala, and Gobi Manchurian
9. Aromas of India
One of the best Indian restaurants in Singapore serving delicious Indian cuisine, Aromas of India is a fantastic place for Indian food lovers. With a gentle display of tradition and hospitality, this restaurant is among the most recommended Indian restaurants in Singapore. The staff of the restaurant even drop you back to your hotel after your meal. Such is the warmth of hospitality here.
Though it has a very basic décor, this restaurant is a very calm place to enjoy some great Indian food with family and friends. The butter naan, butter chicken, palak paneer, and ice-creams are very popular here. The tandoori chicken that is served here is very fresh and barely has any colouring substances on it. Juicy, fresh, and soft, this dish is something that cannot be missed while you dine here.
- Address: 60 Race Course Road, Singapore 218567 Singapore
- Timings: 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM; 5:30 PM – 11:00 PM
- Average Price: SGD 14 – SGD 34; INR 684 – INR 1709
- Must-try dishes: Tandoori Chicken, Butter Chicken, Butter Naan, Palak Paneer, Malai Kofta, and Kadhai Prawns
10. The Curry Culture
One of the most pricey Indian restaurants in Singapore, The Curry Culture has some excellent Indian food options in Singapore. The service is also praiseworthy. This restaurant has a vivacious ambience in the courtyard, all of which has a steep price to pay. If you request, you can savour chicken breast as your dish. Chicken tikka here is delectable.
You will be personally greeted by the owner and chef of the restaurant to ensure that you have the most comfortable experience dining with them. When you witness the consistent smiles on the faces of the waiters, chefs, and owner, you are sure to want for some extra time in this cheery restaurant. With a very vibrant array of Indian food, The Curry Culture is a top pick among foodies wanting to explore the authenticity of Indian food.
- Address: 31 Cuppage Road Cuppage Terrace Cuppage Rd, Singapore 229457 Singapore
- Timings: 11:45 AM – 2:30 PM; 5:00 PM – 10:30 PM
- Average Price: SGD 41 – SGD 61; INR 2051 – INR 3077
- Must-try dishes: Eggplant Dish, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka, and Chicken Breast as you like it
11. Ras The Essence of India
One of the most beautiful Indian restaurants in Singapore, Ras offers a splendid view of a river. With a very warm atmosphere and tasty food, this restaurant ranks among the top Indian restaurants in Singapore. Chicken Jalfrezi with mildly flavoured rice is one of the best dishes in this restaurant. Garlic naan is also a must-try bread here. The prawn biriyani and chicken biriyani are also star-dishes in Ras. Delicious Peshwari naan is also available here. With an extensive menu and a spectacular ambience exemplified by magnificent views, Ras The Essence of India beckons you for a visit. Though a lot on the expensive end, it is definitely worth the hefty price that you will pay.
Also Read: Top 8 Honeymoon Destinations in Asia
- Address: Block 3D River Valley Road #01-05A Clarke Quay, Singapore 179023 Singapore
- Timings: Monday to Friday: 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM; Saturday and Sunday: 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM, 6:30 PM – 11:30 PM
- Average Price: SGD 80; INR 4036.74
- Must-try dishes: Garlic Naan, Peshwari Naan, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Biriyani, and Prawn Biriyani
12. Kailash Parbat
A great Indian restaurant in Singapore, Kailash Parbat is trendy for the dish, chole bathure. From spicy Indian chaats to delectable North-Indian cuisine, this restaurant has it all for you. You are guaranteed to taste the authenticity of Indian cuisine in all the dishes that you will find on the menu. Due to its immense popularity, there will surely be times when you would have to wait in long queues to find yourself a seat. Hurry and get here early so you can comfortably enjoy your meal. With a majority of vegetarian options, Kailash Parbat is a vegetarian’s paradise in Singapore.
- Address: 3 Belilios Road Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon #01-03 Hilton Garden Inn, Singapore 219924 Singapore
- Timings: 11:00 AM – 10:30 PM
- Average Price: SGD 15 – SGD 20; INR 756.89 – INR 1009.18
- Must-try dishes: Chole Bathurst and Chaats
In Singapore, Indian food prices are primarily budget-friendly. You do not have to worry about the authenticity of Indian food for you are sure to be greeted with a very homely feeling by all these Indian restaurants in Singapore.
Indulge in some soulful tummy worship in the best Indian restaurants in Singapore.
Further Read: 9 Best Cities To Visit In Europe In 2020