Mauritius is considered as one of the heavens on earth occupying a small portion on the Indian Ocean. Known for its white beaches and sapphire blue waters, it also offers adventurous activities like hiking, a visit to the numerous waterfalls and one of the best diving and snorkelling areas on the planet.
Your bucket list would be incomplete without Mauritius. And to get there, you would need a visa like any other country. Let us explore some details on the Mauritius Visa for Indians and how to apply for it.
Must Read : Egypt Visa for Indians
MAURITIUS VISA TYPES:
1. Mauritian visa on arrival for Indians:
- Indian citizens who wish to visit Mauritius for either tourism or business purposes will be eligible for a Mauritius visa on arrival.
The general documents required for this type of visa are as follows:
- A valid passport (minimum 6 months validity) with at least 2 blank pages.
- A couple of passport size photographs.
- To and fro flight ticket bookings.
- A copy of your day-wise itinerary.
- Proof of funds to take care of your expenses during your stay. On average, you would require around USD 50 to USD 100 per day.
- Proof of accommodation. In case you are planning to stay at a relative’s place, you must provide:
- A letter of invitation from your relative.
- A valid work permit as applicable.
- A copy of their passport (front & back page).
- A citizenship card if given by a foreign country (if applicable).
Period of Stay:
The period of stay on a Mauritius visa on arrival is usually 60 days.
Mauritius Visa Fees:
Mauritius visa for Indians is free for 60 days.
However, if you wish to stay for more than 60 days, you will have to apply for a visa based on your requirement.
Recommended for You : Romantic Getaway to Mauritius for Honeymoon Couples
2. Mauritius Tourist Visa for Indians
India shares very close ties with Mauritius due to the rich culture between the two places. This Mauritius visa for Indians is for those who wish to stay for more than 60 days for tourism purpose.
Apart from the general documents listed above, you will need:
- Fully completed Mauritius visa application form (2 nos.)
- Copy of last 3 months’ bank statements.
- A copy of your credit card.
Visa Validity :
90 days. Note that it can be extended for another 90 days by re-applying.
3. Mauritius Business Visa
With a fantastic potential for tourism, Mauritius attracts a lot of people who want to start their own business. There are a lot of sectors that help in transforming the socio-economic landscape of the place. You would require the following additional documents if you wish to do any kind of business in this place:
- A letter from the Mauritian company indicating your details of travel and your designation.
- A letter from your company in India indicating the details of the applicant and his / her travel plan.
- A copy of the Business plan.
- A copy of last 3 months’ bank statements.
- Your income tax documents for the last 3 years.
- Proof of funds either sponsored by your own company or the one you work for.
Also Read : 12 Best Places to visit in Switzerland
Mauritius work permit:
If you wish to work in Mauritius, you would have to fulfil the conditions listed below:
- Your employer must arrange for your work permit via ‘Passport and Immigration Office’ and ‘The Ministry of Environment, Human Resource Development and Employment’ on the island of Mauritius.
- Your employer must also take care of your Residence Permit as it’s a must if you wish to work here.
- The applicant must personally visit the embassy with a valid passport.
- You will have to get your permit and confirmed flight tickets attested by the embassy.
Apart from the usual documents required for Mauritius visa for Indians, you will also need:
- A copy of your Degree certificate.
- Previous work experience.
- Your job description.
- Medical certificate issued by a recognized state hospital.
- Proof of evidence of the job vacancy.
- Documents of the company’s registration.
Permanent Residence permit:
This visa is designed to attract foreign investment and boost the economic development of the nation. This permit is generally issued for ten years. The holder can work and live in Mauritius during this period.
There are two special conditions to obtain the Mauritius visa for Indians for permanent residence permit:
- An investor, having an occupation permit with a turnover of his / her company exceeding 45 million Mauritian Rupees which must be during any consecutive period of 3 years.
- An investor who wishes to invest at least USD 500,000/- in business activity stimulated by the Government of Mauritius, including Tourism, Banking, Agro, IT and Financials.
4. Mauritius Transit Visa
- If you are passing through Mauritius to a third country, you can apply for a Mauritius Transit Visa.
- They are generally valid for a period of 1 day to 3 days.
- You must show proof of your onward journey and your original passport.
5. Mauritius Student Visa
- If you wish to pursue your graduation or post-graduation courses in Mauritius, you can apply for the Mauritian Student visa.
- This type of Mauritius visa for Indians has lots of benefits:
- Affordable tuition fees and a fantastic quality of education.
- Experts in the Tertiary Experts Commission (TEC) will monitor your progress.
- You can work while you study to take care of your needs.
- The cost of living is low.
- Affordable healthcare services can be enjoyed.
- You do not require IELTS certification.
Apart from the normal documents required for Mauritius visa for Indians like passport, bank statements and student visa form, you will need an admission letter from your university or school.
Mauritius Visa fees:
The Mauritius visa fees for Indians for any of the visa mentioned above is zero.
The processing time of any of the visa will take up to 5 business days.
Exemption from Mauritius visa:
- People who are citizens of Mauritius.
- People who hold diplomatic passports (except Governments of Algeria, Afghanistan, Sudan, Yemen & Nigeria.
- Spouse of a Mauritian citizen.
- Residents of Mauritius under the immigration act.
- Child, stepchild or adopted children of Mauritian residents.
- The crew of a vessel who are travelling on duty or transit to join another vessel.
- People who are holders of Laissez-passer issued by United Nations, SADC or any other international organization.
- People who are to remain in Mauritius only during the stay of a vessel by which they have arrived or departed.
For more information, you can log on to the website of the Indian Embassy Mauritius for more details on India-Mauritius relationship and its history.
The Mauritius Visa for Indians application form can be downloaded online or collected personally from the office. The Mauritius High Commission is situated at Chanakyapuri in New Delhi. There is a Consulate of the Republic of Mauritius at Nariman Point, Mumbai. You can log in to their sites for more details.
The usual visa submission time at the Indian embassy Mauritius is from 9 AM to 12 PM. You can collect the visa from 3 PM to 4 PM. The consulate works only during the weekdays and weekends are off.
Recommended for You : How to get Spain Visa from India?
Some additional information:
- People who are non-citizens travelling to Mauritius without a visa (if required) may be repatriated to their country of origin at the transporting carrier’s cost.
- People who are non-citizens travelling to Mauritius as tourists are not allowed to engage in any gainful activities or apply for an extension of visa to follow studies courses.
- Any person who wishes to seek employment or wishes to engage in any gainful occupation in Mauritius will not be allowed to enter Mauritius unless he holds a valid residence permit and a work permit issued by Mauritian Authorities.
- Prospective students are advised to travel to Mauritius only after the authorities have approved their application for study in Mauritius.
- A non-citizen who is to get married to a Mauritian should fulfil the requirements under the Civil Status Act.
- Any person who stays in Mauritius after the expiry of the period, for which he obtained a visa or entry permit, shall commit an offence and shall be liable for prosecution by a Court of Law.
- People who are non-Citizens coming to celebrate their marriage in Mauritius should comply with the requirements of the Civil Status Act.
- People who are non-citizens coming to Mauritius for business purposes may apply for an Occupation Permit to Passport and Immigration Officer through Board of Investment as Self-Employed, Investor and Professional.
Must Read : Top 10 Places to visit in the UK