A connoisseur lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who does not try different cuisines lives only one. As Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savrin, the famous French Lawyer who later became an epicure once said, “Tell me what you eat, and I can tell you who you are”, You can tell a lot about a person by what he orders in a restaurant. On a vacation to a different city, state or country, we all look forward to trying out their local cuisines to add something new to our taste buds. But after a while, the law of diminishing marginal utility comes in action and we Indians then look for desi Indian food even on a foreign shore. The fact is we can’t stay away from that local taste which we have relished over the years.
The spicy Indian curry, the homemade yellow lentil, the sweet paneer gravy, aloo parathas with butter overflowing, spicy butter chicken and what not. Indians can’t bear a different cuisine for too long and eventually fall back to the Indian style cooked food wherever they are. It might also be due to your averse nature towards seafood or non-vegan food served in their cuisine that you look for Indian restaurants. You sure can’t keep an Indian away from the locavore appeal which they are used to. If you’re planning to visit Bali with your friends, family or spouse, then you won’t miss out on the Indian food as there are many Indian restaurants in Bali serving you the delectable delicacies which you find appealing.
Top 10 Indian Restaurants in Bali
- Indian Delites- North to South Curries under One Roof
- Atithi- Home Away From Home
- Gateway of India
- La Rouge
- Warung Little India- Bollywood Style Food
- Indian Dhaba
- Queen’s Tandoor
- Sattvik by Nature
- Indian Tandoor
- Punjabi Tadka
Let’s get to know these authentic Indian restaurants in Bali in great detail with their specialities and the prices.
Tip: The prices are in Indonesian Rupiah in the menu cards in these restaurants, and as per the current conversion rate, 1 INR equals 205.27 Indonesian Rupiah. So, don’t get freaked out by seeing 45,000 for a Dal Makhani, it’s in their currency which is quite weak against Indian Rupee.
1. Indian Delites
Soon after you enter this restaurant, you will be intrigued to see the view from the dining area. It has a lush green mountain view in the vicinity. The ambience is lively and perfect for having a quality lunch or dinner with your family and friends. Indian Delites has a diverse menu as well for you, no matter whether you are from North India or South India, they have some amazing dishes for you that too at a reasonable price vis-à-vis other restaurants. This restaurant is one of the few restaurants in Bali that serves South Indian dishes from Masala Dosa to Uttapam and from Idli to Rasam, everything is served here.
North Indian dishes is their forte with some of the finest dishes in Paneer Gravy and some super spicy Indian style cooked Chicken Masala. Indian Delites has experienced chefs from India who uses Indian spices and prefers Tandoor. Such an eclectic menu coupled with one of the finest ambiences is the reason behind the popularity of Indian Delites and makes it one of the best and most affordable Indian restaurant in Bali.
- Timings: 10 AM- 10:30 PM
- Contact: +62 851-0044-4222
- Must Try: Samosa, Dal Makhani, Paneer Tikka, Spicy Chicken Curry, Paneer Tikka, Masala Dosa
- Additional Perks: Free Wifi, Smoking Zone, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining Area
- Average Cost: ₹350 per person
- Where: In Ubud district of Bali in Indonesia
Atithi is a name derived from Sanskrit which means “Guest.” It is one of the finest Indian restaurants in Bali known for its hospitality and congenial nature of the staff. It is known for its dishes like Chicken Biryani and Chilli Chicken, which are quite spicy, which can give you an unforgettable dining experience if you like spices to be on the higher side in a dish.
The dishes are prepared by trained Indian chefs, and they import spices from India itself, to give you a long lasting experience of dining in an Indian restaurant in India with every bite you swallow. It is the most favoured food spots for non-vegans owing to its specialities in Chicken, Lamb and Biryani. It also has a good range of vegetarian dishes as well. After your lunch or dinner, digest everything with a Masala Chai they serve there for a complete experience.
- Timings: 12 Noon- 12 Midnight from Monday to Sunday
- Contact: +62 361-759-839
- Must Try: Chilli Chicken (Spicy), Lamb Roghan Josh with Garlic Naan, Chicken Biryani, Masala Chai, Local Beer, Samosa
- Additional Perks: Serves Alcohol, Beer and Wine in the Bar, Free Wifi, Table Service, Takeaway option, Centrally Air Conditioned
- Average Cost: ₹450-700 for One Person
- Where: In Kuta area of Bali near the Legian Beach
3. Gateway of India
Gateway of India is one of the finest and most preferred restaurant chains in Indonesia run by ‘Bali Indian Food’ and has 3 outlets in Bali which remains almost full at any time of the day. It is said to enjoy a cult status among all Indian restaurants in Bali, to say the least. Gateway of India might have the biggest menu with umpteen options at your disposal starting from a whole lot of beverages to satiate your thirst, some light starters (both veg and non-veg), main course with many options for vegans and non-vegans. No matter whether you are a North Indian or a South Indian, this place will never disappoint you.
- Timings: 12 Noon- 12 AM from Monday to Sunday. Buffet on Sunday between 6:30 PM to 12 Midnight
- Contact: +62 85100-444-222
- Must Try: Dal Tadka, Tandoori Chicken, Dal Makhani, Paneer Butter Masala, Veg Biryani, Pakodas, Seekh Kabab
- Additional Perks: Serves Alcohol, Full Bar, Free Wifi, Table Service, Takeaway option, accepts all type of cards for payments
- Average Cost: ₹700-1100 per person
- Where: 3 outlets in Seminyak, Kuta, and Sanur
4. La Rogue
The unique selling proposition of this restaurant lies in its multi-cuisine offerings. If you want to taste some local Balinese dish alongwith something Continental and of course Indian cuisine, then La Rogue is your place. If you’re a gastronome, then do pay a visit to this restaurant. Live performance by a band is cherry on the cake to the already vivacious atmosphere in the restaurant.
Even if you have a slight proclivity towards seafood, then La Rogue is the right place for you. The staff in La Rogue is highly courteous and welcoming. The chefs are highly skilled in their profession, and you can actually watch how a chef prepares your dish as there is a glass panelled window in the kitchen.
- Timings: 10:30 AM- 12 Midnight from Monday to Sunday
- Contact: +62 363-438-1088
- Must Try: Palak Korma, Chicken Curry, Barbeque Pork Ribs, Ice Coffee, Date Pudding, Sate Lilit, Sayur Urab, Golden Fried Cheese, Seafood
- Additional Perks: Live Band Performances, High Chairs, Outdoor Seating, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Serves Beer and Wine as well
- Average Cost: 4, 50,000 Indonesian Rupiah (approx. ₹2200) for Two People
- Where: Candidasa, a serene seaside town in Bali
Also See: 20 Honeymoon destination in Bali in 2019
5. Warung Little India
You will be intrigued to dine here after seeing the Bollywood styled theme in the restaurant with posters from iconic Bollywood actresses and dialogues. This gives a visitor a feel as if he’s home. Here, the owner, Ibu Siti, comes to your table and ask for feedback and your experience. You can also customize or modify your dish as per your taste. These sweet gestures by the owner himself and the staff make the place even more interesting. The food served here tastes like home cooked Indian food, and the ambience makes it even more delicious. Taking all these factors into consideration, this is one of the must go pocket-friendly Indian restaurants in Bali
- Timings: 10 AM – 10 PM from Monday to Sunday
- Contact: +62 819-9962-4555
- Must Try: Indian Thali (Curry, Dal, Naan, Raita, Pickle, Rice), Lemon Juice, Mutton Curry, Samosa Chaat, Aloo Gobhi, Chicken Biryani, Rajma
- Additional Perks: Delivery, Takeout, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol, and Gluten Free Option available as well
- Average Cost: ₹700-900 for Two People
- Where: In Ubud district of Bali in Indonesia
6. Indian Dhaba
The name itself instils a sense of confidence in a visitor’s mind, and the remaining apprehensions are taken care of by the menu, interiors and the atmosphere. Interior decoration is a perfect example of creativity and is very eye appealing. And, when it comes to their menu, Indian Dhaba offers some really amazing delectable delicacies in the likes of Vegetable Manchurian, Mix Veg Pakoda, Chicken Tikka Roll, Fish Amritsari to start with several mocktails and alcohol options.
In the main course, Indian Dhaba serves Fish, Prawns, Lamb, Chicken, Navratna Korma, Shahi Paneer, Chicken Dosa, Sambhar, Tandoori Chicken, Veg Pulao, and Punjabi Chicken Handi Biryani. In totality, you will feel as if you are having your supper in Punjab or Delhi. The staff and the chefs are highly chivalrous and also make modifications in the dishes if you request them. All this makes Indian Dhaba the best Indian restaurant in Nusa Dua, Bali.
- Timings: 11 AM – 11 PM from Monday to Sunday
- Contact: +62 851-0010-9000
- Must Try: Aloo Tikki, Mutton Dishes, Kadhai Paneer, Mix Veg, Paneer Paratha, Kashmiri Dum Aloo, Zafrani Kofta, Subz Diwani Handi, Fish Amritsari, Veg Pulao, Punjabi Chhole
- Additional Perks: Delivery, Takeout, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking
- Average Cost: ₹800-1000 for One Person
- Where: Nusa Dua, Bali
7. Queen’s Tandoor
This three decades old restaurant in Bali has a long legacy, and loyal customers whose first preference if they are in Bali is Queen’s Tandoor. Its parent company run three more restaurants in Bali under the name Queen’s of India. Certainly, the experience of this restaurant and customer feedback speak volumes for itself. If you are visiting Bali for the first time and want some authentic spicy Indian food then without a second thought, pay a visit to Queen’s Tandoor.
The chefs here are from India and highly skilled with expertise in culinary arts and decades of experience under their belt. The food served here mixes with your saliva and rejoices you from inside, it is so scrumptious in itself. Also, if you wanna try out some local Balinese dishes then be their guest, Queen’s Tandoor serves that as well. Its credibility as a trusted brand, variety in the food served makes it one of the best, most affordable and trustworthy Indian restaurants in Bali.
- Timings: 12 Noon – 11:30 PM from Monday to Sunday
- Contact: +62 361-732-770
- Must Try: Mutton Vindaloo, Fish Tikka, Palak Curry, Tandoori Chicken, Cheese Naan, Mutton Biryani, Sev Puri, Butter Chicken, Jeera Rice with Dal Tadka
- Additional Perks: Complimentary Papads with vibrant sauces, Television, Full Bar, Highchairs, Delivery, Takeout, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking
- Average Cost: ₹700-1050 for One Person
- Where: Seminyak, Bali
8. Sattvik by Nature
True to its culture and traditions, this Indian restaurant in Bali is a hidden gem in the sense that it is relatively new in the area but of late is making his presence felt. This is a less explored and most underrated restaurant in Bali which serves some amazing North Indian spicy food, and Chinese Dishes are a must try here. Jain Food (without garlic and onion) is also available here on special request made in advance. The chefs here are from Uttarakhand and Lucknow, which is a good enough reason to try some dishes here.
The restaurant has some amazing decoration on the walls, and the interiors are pretty attractive giving you a classic Indian vibe and the ambience coupled with it won’t let you feel alienated despite being on a foreign soil. A must visit Indian restaurant in Bali if you’re expecting to have an amazing open outdoor seating dinner under the moonlight in the mild breeze with your family.
- Timings: 10 AM – 11 PM from Monday to Friday, 10 AM- 12 Midnight on Saturday and 10 AM-12:30 AM on Sunday
- Contact: +62 821-4506-8094
- Must Try: Malai Kofta, Hakka Noodles and Chilli Paneer, Dengan Harga Terjangkau, Tandoor Platter, Dum Aloo, Paneer Pasanda, Cheese Sandwiches
- Additional Perks: Open Seating available, Serves Breakfast, Smoking Area, Wifi, Self Service, Buffet, Vegetarian-Friendly, Serves Wine and Beer
- Average Cost: ₹770-980 for One Person
- Where: Lippo Mall, Kuta, Bali
Note: They charge you 2% extra if you are paying through your credit card
9. Indian Tandoor
Again an established retro Indian restaurant in Bali which serves a whole lot of cuisines ranging from Indian to Afghani food under one roof. The food is pretty tempting, and you can’t resist but eat it till the last bite. Interiors are well lit with several attractions, furniture is comfortable, they play some awesome music in low decibel, cutlery and plates are graceful, and then the food brings a smile on to your face. Non-vegans will have their best time here as the place offers some exquisite mouth-watering Chicken and Mutton dishes along with appetizers.
- Timings: 12 Noon– 10:30 PM from Monday to Sunday
- Tip: This restaurant is somewhat expensive comparatively but the food served here is scrumptious.
- Contact: +62 361-704-584
- Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Afghani, and Asian
- Chef Recommended: Butter Chicken, Garlic Naan, Mutton Roghan Josh, Mutton Boti Kabab
- Must Try: Masala Chai, Murgh Tikka Makkhanwala, Chicken Biryani, Paneer Butter Masala with Butter Naan, Noorani Mutton Kabab Mango Lassi, Kashmiri Dum Aloo, Zafrani Kofta, Aloo Papdi Chaat, Afghani Mutton, Seekh-e-Kabul
- Additional Perks: Indoor Seating, Table Service, Lucrative offers on weekend
- Average Cost: ₹850-1250 for One Person
- Where: 3 outlets in Jimbaran Bay Area, South Kuta, Bali, In Seminyak, and in Ubud Region of Bali
10. Punjabi Tadka
Imagine you are having a dinner in an authentic Punjabi Restaurant that too in Bali and you are enjoying Punjabi tracks by Sukhbir, Guru Randhawa and Daler Mehndi, how would you feel? This restaurant plays Indian and Punjabi tracks on a gigantic projector for you to enjoy while having your food. Punjabi Tadka specializes in luscious Punjabi dishes (both Veg and Non-Veg). The owner is an Indian, Sudhir Nanda and the entire staff speaks Hindi, thus no linguistic barrier. This restaurant in this budget is the best place you can find in Bali and makes it one of the top Indian restaurants in Bali.
- Timings: 11:30 AM– 11:30 PM from Monday to Sunday
- Contact: +62 361-934-3679
- Cuisines: Indian (North Indian), Asian
- Chef Recommended- Carrot Dessert, Paneer Tikka, Dal Fry, Aloo Onion Paratha, Dal Makhani with Lacchha Paratha
- Must Try: Tandoori Roti, Mix Veg, Dal Fry, Paneer Lababdar, Dal Makhani, Paneer Paratha, Prawns, Chhole Kulche, Malai Tikka,
- Additional Perks: Indoor Seating, Table Service, Takeaway Available, Serves Alcohol, Free Wifi, Punjabi Music, Serves Breakfast
- Average Cost: ₹250-750 for Two People
- Where: In Seminyak Region of Bali
There are many other upcoming restaurants as well in Bali that serves Indian cuisine, but we have chosen the best of them in this blog post on Top 10 Indian Restaurants in Bali. Restaurant’s popularity, years of existence, customer feedback, reviews of diners on several portals, rating by agencies like Zomato, the ambience of the place, additional facilities and all these factors have been taken into account while making this list of the best Indian restaurants in Bali. Hope you can now make a fair and unbiased choice on which restaurant you want to try out in your stay in Bali.
Enjoy your meal!!