Are you on the look-out for a holiday destination for the rapidly approaching winter vacations? Over the next few paragraphs, we are going to tell you why Dubai is a great place to spend the winters in 2019.
Most people know Dubai as the playground of the world’s richest people. While Dubai does cater to the affluent, this paradise city has plenty to offer to the rest of us. In fact, Dubai already welcomed about one million tourists in the first half of 2019. Dubai is home to the world best of everything, from the tallest building to one of the biggest malls, the city is home to endless opportunities.
When it comes to planning a holiday in Dubai, you don’t have to be intimidated. Dubai is among the most affordable international holiday destination from India. Now let’s dig deeper and find out why you must visit Dubai in December’19.
Why winters in Dubai are the best!?
The Dubai travel season starts with the onset of winters in November and goes on till April. Dubai in December is the best, as the lesser crowds and the pleasant weather make it possible to experience the Dubai outdoors.
For those who are looking for a short answer to the question of why plan a trip to Dubai in December, here are 5 points why:
- Awesome climate
November marks the start of the Winter season in Dubai. Situated in the Arabian desert, Duba has a hot desert climate. Summers are harsh with temperatures averaging 41 degrees Celcius. During winters, the climate becomes pleasant with the temperatures around 24 degrees Celcius. Winters is, therefore, a great time to be a tourist in Dubai.
- Winter is beach season in Dubai
Dubai is home to some awe-inspiring man-made beaches. Winters are an exciting time for both residents of Dubai and tourists in Dubai as the weather favours, swimming, tanning also maybe just relaxing by the beach.
- Dubai New year’s eve is grand
Welcoming a New Year in Dubai is among the best things to do in Dubai in December. The ultra-modern city celebrates the New Year with great fervour. With umpteen ways to celebrate the new year in Dubai, you are bound to enjoy your time in Dubai in December.
Recommended for you: Dubai Shopping Festival: Things you need to know!
- Winters is a festive time in Dubai
Dubai Winter months offer more than just a favourable climate. It’s during these months that Dubai gets into the festive mode. During winter months, the city hosts some of the world’s biggest festivals like Dubai Shopping Festival and Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Dubai in December is picture-perfect
It goes without saying that this magnificent city is among the most beautiful places to visit in the UAE. It’s during the winters when tourists can take up romantic things to do in Dubai like catch the sunset from the Burj Khalifa or go camping with your partner.
Best places to visit in Dubai in December
- Dubai Creek
- Palm Jumeirah
- Burj Khalifa
- Dubai Mall
- Jumeirah Beach
- Dubai Marina
- Ferrari World
- Wild Wadi Waterpark
- Dubai Miracle Garden
- Ski Dubai
1. Dubai Creek
Dubai Creek is among the most remarkable places to visit in Dubai in December. Often listed among the most romantic places in Dubai, Dubai Creek attracts tourists with its charming ambience. The saltwater creek divides Dubai into two towns Deira and Bur Dubai. You can even see 100-year-old dhows anchored in the banks of Dubai Creek.
The Creek’s Bur Dubai side opens up to a beautiful waterfront promenade. With tourist attractions like the floating market, traditional coral-block and limestone buildings, Dubai Creek promises a wholesome experience.
- Location: Dubai Creek, Dubai
Things to do in Dubai Creek:
- One of the best things to do in Dubai in December is to take a ride on a Dhow or Abra (small wooden boat).
- Explore the attractions like the heritage village and Dubai Museum in Dubai Creek’s Al Bastakiya District.
- Take a walk along Dubai Wharfage.
- Exploring Diera is yet another popular tourist activity in Dubai. Diera is home to the famous souks of Dubai. Your trip to Dubai in December would be incomplete without a visit to the Dubai Souks.
Also read: Top Indian Restaurants in Dubai
2. Palm Jumeirah
Palm Jumeirah is a man-made tree-shaped island, that is best known for housing glamourous hotels, lux residential area and up markets. This artificial island is the smallest of the three palm islands; Palm Jumeirah, Deira Island, and Palm Jabel Ali. At the time of its completion, the island was the largest man-made island. Today, Palm Jumeirah is the go-to place to experience the best of Dubai’s nightlife.
Things to do in Palm Jumeirah:
- Visit the thrilling Aquaventure park located in the iconic Atlantis the Palm hotel. Aquaventure park is known to house some record-breaking rides that are every thrill-seekers dream.
- With the temperatures in the favour of the tourists, the list of things to do in Dubai in December become quite endless. Yet, one experience that stands out the most is Skydiving. Skydive Dubai, offers tourists a chance to get a birdseye view of the magnificent Palm islands.
Suggested read: Top 10 beautiful cities in the world – places to visit in 2019
3. Burj Khalifa
Whether you are visiting Dubai in Winter or at any other time of the year, you just can’t miss Burj Khalifa. Dubai’s iconic skyscraper is also the most visited tourist spot of UAE. World’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa stands at 829.8 and overlooks the stunning skyline. The most fascinating aspect of viewing the city from the observation deck is, on one side you can see the Arabian Desert and on the other side you can see the ocean.
- Entry Fee: Starting at AED 125
- Timings: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Location: 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Top things to do in Burj Khalifa:
- There are a few other things you can do in Burj Khalifa apart from internalizing the magnificent views. One of the top things to do in Dubai in December is witnessing the Dubai Fountain in action. Winter evenings in Dubai are such magical experiences that you will cherish for all your life!
- Another popular activity in Dubai is to dine at the world’s highest restaurant, At.mosphere.
4. Dubai Mall
Situated in the same complex as the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall is yet another famous tourist attraction of Dubai that will leave you with a sense of wonderment. Like a lot of other things in the city, the mall bags the title of the largest mall in the World, housing about 1200 retail outlets, 2 departmental stores and over 150 eateries. Furthermore, the mall is home to the popular Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, ensuring unlimited entertainment for all.
Things to do in Dubai Mall:
- One of the highly recommended experiences in Dubai Mall is visiting the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. This tourist attraction in Dubai is especially recommended for families that are spending their winters in Dubai.
- Next, you can take up ice skating in the mall’s in-house ice rink. This activity is a must for adventure lovers!
- One of the most unique things to do in Dubai mall involves flying a plane! At The Village, you can captain the cockpit of Airbus A380!
5. Jumeirah Beach
Nothing puts the holiday vibes into a holiday than a relaxing evening beach. When it comes to Dubai’s Jumeirah Beach, the opportunities are endless. From getting high on adrenaline to getting relaxing by the beach with a book, you can choose from a host of activities. With its sugary white sand, numerous eateries and hotels, water sports operators, Jumeirah beach ensures your holiday is nothing short of fabulous.
- Entry Fee: AED 5 per person
- Location: Jumeirah Beach
Things to do in Jumeirah Beach:
- Take up adrenaline-pumping water-sports like jet skiing, scuba diving and snorkelling
- If you are travelling to Dubai with kids, then go on a banana boat ride in Jumeirah beach
- Take a trip to Majlis Ghorfat Um Al-Sheef, a Dubai sightseeing must! Majlis was the summer residence of a late Sheik and serves as an epitome of Arab royalty.
6. Dubai Marina
The biggest and the most-opulent man-made marina in the world, Dubai Marina is among the best places to visit in Dubai in December. The winter breeze coupled with the charming vibes of the marina makes every tourist fall in love with Dubai. There is something about the meandering canals and lush yachts in the marina that just leaves you feeling like you are in a futuristic dream.
Things to do in Dubai Marina:
- One of the best things to do in Dubai in December is to go on a sunset dinner cruise around the Dubai Marina. A highly recommended activity for couples on a honeymoon in Dubai, sunset cruise brings together the best of Dubai’s experience together.
- A visit to Dubai Marina is incomplete without a visit to JBR’s The Walk. The Walk is a bustling beachside street buzzing with a myriad of stores and eateries. A great spot to go shopping, one can even just come here for a memorable evening stroll.
Recommended read: Top 10 Indian Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
7. Ferrari World
This tourist attraction is a must for thrill-seekers and car enthusiasts alike. Ferrari world is unlike any amusement park you would have ever come across. An adventure-junkie’s haven, Ferrari world is home to the world’s fastest roller coaster and rides that WILL blow your mind! Some of the other attractions include F1 racing simulator, RC challenge (navigate remote-controlled boats and cars through little Italy), and shows like Cinema Maranello.
- Entry fee: Ticket price- Adult: AED: 295, Child: AED: 230
- Timings: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Address: Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
Must read: 15 Best Places to Visit in Abu Dhabi
Things to do in Ferrari World:
- Ride on Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest roller coaster.
- Show off your skill as F1 racing driver on Scuderia Challenge (a state of the art simulator)
- If you are planning your winter in Dubai with your kids, make sure you take your kids to the numerous kid-friendly attractions in Ferrari World.
8. Wild Wadi Waterpark
If you are spending your winter in Dubai, you just can’t miss spending a day in Wild Wadi Waterpark. With the climate in your favour, a visit to one of Dubai’s best theme parks just can’t be missed! Wild Wadi Waterpark offers tourists especially those visiting Dubai with families a chance to take a break from sightseeing and have some splashing fun!
- Entry fee: Adult: AED 195; Child: AED 165
- Timing: November – February: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; March – May, September – October: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; June – August: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Jumeirah Rd, Dubai
Things to do in Wild Wadi Waterpark:
- Ride the largest wave pool in Middle east at Breaker’s Bay.
- Let your adrenaline skyrocket as you ride the Jumeirah Sceirah, Burj Surj and other fast and scary rides
- Soothe your nerves on slow and relaxing rides like Juha’s Journey
9. Dubai Miracle Garden
Dubai winter months are the best time to visit the Miracle Gardens. A picnic at this record-setting garden is an experience you’ll cherish for years to come. One of the most beautiful places in Dubai, the Dubai Miracle Garden is great for families and honeymooners alike. The garden is home to a maddening 50 million species of flowers arranged in awe-inspiring patterns. World’s largest flower garden, the miracle garden is home to vibrant flowers arranged in mind-boggling shapes.
- Entry fee: AED: 55.53; USD: 15.11; INR: 1050
- Timing: 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM
- Location: Al Barsha South 3, Barsha, Dubailand Area – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Things to do in Dubai Miracle Garden:
- Couples on honeymoon in Dubai can click pictures with picturesque backdrops.
- Families can enjoy a picnic in this amazing tourist attraction in Dubai
10. Ski Dubai
Let Dubai dazzle you further with yet another tourist attraction that will leave you returning to the city time and again. Dubai is among the few cities in the world where you can experience Desert safari on one day and go skiing the next. Ski Duba is one of the largest indoor ski resorts in the middle east and the world. Build a snowman or go snowboarding, at Ski Dubai you can fulfil all your wintery dreams.
- Entry Fee: Super Pass: AED 200 (Includes Snow Park Entry, Unlimited Chairlift Rides, Giant Ball, Mountain Thrill
- Location: Mall of the Emirates, Sheikh Zayed Road
Things to do in Ski Dubai:
- Meet the penguins in the Snow Park
- Dine at the themed restaurants in Ski Resort
- Try out Skiing, Snowboarding and tobogganing
Further read: 20 Spectacular Places to visit in December in India